There are some expectations from the responsible visitors coming to Parambikulam wildlife sanctuary.These are otherwise can be called as Sanctuary Rules .
Our expectations from you - the Green Soldier
- Follow the gate timing strictly ie; 7am -6 pm
- Animal sightings are matter of chance. Be patient.
- Total silence and discipline enhances chances of animal sightings
- Consuming alcohol or visiting sanctuary under the influence of alcohol is strictly prohibited.
- Small groups are preferred. Early mornings and late afternoons are ideal to visit Forests
- .Traveling alone is prohibited especially in the Elephant Reserves
- .Do not wears colorful clothes or perfumes. Khakis, browns and greens are best suited for forests
- Always carry drinking water
- Do not disturb or tease animals
- .Give way to animals first.
- Trekkers are advised to use jungle boots to ensure safety.
- Carry a first aid kit with medicines for common ailments.
- Avoid smoking and do not carry any inflammable materials to avoid forest fire.
- Radios and tape recorders are best left at homes to enjoy music of Nature here.
- Please do not litter the surroundings.
- Respect animals and their habits.
- Carry a note pad, flash light, road maps, bus, train and airline time tables.
- Always follow the instructions of the staffs and the Naturalists accompanying you.
- Be careful during boat rides. Don’t do anything that will rock the boat or endanger lives.
- Remember- Do not leave anything but footprints, Do not take anything but memories from Nature’s own Abode- Parambikulam Wildlife Sanctuary
Note : Under the Wildlife Protection Act, one can be penalized upto amount of Rs. 25,000/- and an imprisonment upto seven years for the wildlife offence. Please you don’t add your name in the list.